The Maintenance staff performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs on camp infrastructure and equipment.
- Performs minor and major repairs of buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on buildings and equipment. (i.e. check fluid levels, replace filters, repairs or replaces broken or damaged parts.)
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly inspections on buildings and equipment.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal, as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 2 years experience.
- Large scale camp work experience is an asset.
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification is an asset.
- Valid Driver's License
Maintenance Staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Maintenance Staff work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »