We are looking for dynamic and confident team players with a passion for food that are looking for a challenge. We offer a concept that allows you to cook from scratch while managing a kitchen and keeping food and labour budgets in line. The ideal candidate is a competent experienced a la carte Chef that can produce an amazing dining experience for 200-1200 people.
Oversee all kitchen operations including but not limited to:
- Menu planning.
- Inventory management and ordering.
- Providing supervision, guidance and support to all Outland kitchen staff including; scheduling shifts, training and development through coaching and mentoring, delegation of assigned job tasks and employee evaluation and performance management.
- Working with the Camp Manager, Regional Manager and Regional Chef to achieve personal and company goals.
- Maintain ongoing communication and a working rapport with Outland's customers and clients. Ensuring that the client is satisfied with the overall service, cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining facilities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Chef or Sous Chef role with experience in inventory management and food cost control.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Journeyman Red Seal and First Aid certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Positive attitude, clean and safe work habits, mentally organized and be able to not only follow standards but have the initiative to constantly set new ones.
The Chef is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Chef works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »
First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program
The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Watch the video »
Outland kitchen team work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp
Outland kitchen team from Fort Hope, Grassy Narrows, Seine River and Fort William indigenous communities work hard to supply food services to emergency Bak Lake Fire camp in north western Ontario. Read more »
Outland FNNRYEP students attend Annual Science Week at Lakehead University and Confederation College.
TBT News item featuring Outland FNNRYEP students. Watch the video »
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »