The Baker is responsible for a full bake including breads, rolls, pastries and some special dietary needs of our clients.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
- Supervise other kitchen staff in the breakfast meal service and bakery production.
- Comfortable with dough, cakes, icing, cookies, squares, savoury and sweet pastries.
- Average number of dessert and pastries are 800 plus.
- Accurately communicate their food order needs with the Chef.
- Applicants must have a current Food Safe certificate.
- Level 1 First Aid certificate is an asset.
- Large scale camp cooking experience is an asset.
- Red Seal or other certification is an asset.
- Experience in accurately producing weekly inventories.
- High standards in maintaining a clean and organized Kitchen.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment with little or no supervision.
The Breakfast Cook/Baker is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Baker works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. They may be required to work the night shift.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »